City of Prague plans to buy new trains for the Prague integrated transit system (PID) with support from European funds. The city plans to submit three projects with the estimated acquisition value of CZK 4.64bn into the first round. Totally CZK 10.964bn from European funds is currently available for regional transport in the Railroad Vehicle Acquisition and Modernisation programme. Funds from EU may form up to 85% of the eligible costs. The remaining 15% of the total price should be paid by the carrier, which would write the costs down within the economic cycle. The city wants to use the trains to deal with capacity problems and reduce intervals during peak hours.

Source: www.cianews.cz