Prague, May 2 (CTK) – A state attorney has charged five leftist extremists with preparation for a terrorist attack on a train with military materiel, Czech Television said and the spokeswoman for the Prague Municipal State Attorney’s Office, Stepanka Zenklova, confirmed the information to CTK on Monday.
Three of them are facing a 12 to 20-year prison term or even a life sentence. The remaining two can be sentenced to two to three years in prison for failure to frustrate a crime.
Zenklova said the state attorney’s office had already filed the complaint on April 8.
The Prague Municipal Court will deal with the trial whose date has not yet been set.
The three extremists are charged with having planned a fire-bomb attack on a freight train with military materiel at the railway section between Radotin and Beroun, central Bohemia, at least from September 2014.
According to the media, the remaining two defendants were meeting the rest of the group in a conspiracy flat. They knew about the plans, but did not tell the police.
The police action against the leftist extremists was held on April 28, 2015. In all, ten people were detained and six were accused.
The case of the sixth men is being dealt with separately by the law-enforcement bodies in Brno. He is prosecuted for illegal acquisition and possession of a mass destruction weapon in a flat.