Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Platini opens new seat of Czech Football Association in Prague

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Table of Contents

Prague, June 30 (CTK) – Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) President Michel Platini opened a new seat of the Czech Football Association (FACR), including the Hall of Fame, in Prague’s Strahov Tuesday.

The Hall of Fame presents valuable exhibits, such as the portraits and outfits of all players of the Czech national team since 1993 when Czechoslovakia was divided into the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

A special part of the exhibition focuses on the greatest personalities of Czech football: Josef Masopust (1931-2015), Josef Bican (1913-2001) and Pavel Nedved, 42.

Members of the UEFA executive committee, who are in Prague over the European under-21 football championship, also attended the official opening of the FACR’s administrative building.

UEFA provided 90 percent of financial means for the construction, which was launched in 2013, from its programme Hattrick, while International Federation of Association Football (FIFA) gave the remaining 10 percent.

In harmony with the planned budget, the building cost 137 million crowns with VAT.

The three-storey building, inspired by the UEFA and FIFA seats, houses ceremonial and conference rooms, a restaurant and a press centrum. Offices are on two floors, while four football dressing rooms are situated in the basement.

most viewed

Subscribe Now