Prague, Sept 28 (CTK) – Czech Republic is not about to accept any refugees in harmony with the EU redistribution quotas till the end of the year, Interior Minister Milan Chovanec told journalists before leaving for a meeting with his German counterpart Thomas de Maiziere on Wednesday.

Chovanec said he would like to get support for a better working of the “hotspots,” where refugees were registered.

“We will not allow access to the Czech Republic to anyone we do not want here and who will not pass a security check,” Chovanec said.

Within the redistribution of asylum seekers, EU countries have so far accepted 5,651 persons out of the planned 160,000 from Greece and Italy who are to be moved to other EU countries in the course of two years.

Chovanec stressed that the EU should finally agree that the quota system was not working and would never be working.

“It is surprising that the European Commission is still trying to revive the system,” Chovanec said.

So far, the Czech Republic has accepted 12 people from Greece, while Slovakia only three.

Chovanec also said that in the case of the hotspots, he wanted to achieve a regular examination of their efficiency, including the involvement of such EU institutions as the agency Frontex.

“At present, they are still far from being efficient,” Chovanec said.

It is impossible for the Czech Republic and other Visegrad Four countries (also Slovakia, Hungary and Poland) to endlessly replace other countries in sending the police to the protection of the borders of other EU countries, he added.

Chovanec said he wanted de Maiziere to describe him the details of the German plan for refugee repatriation.